Wednesday 16 May 2012

Welcome to Blue Blood

Welcome



Coming from Toronto and living here my entire life makes me and every other Torontonian very unique in the sporting world. We have a gift. Its called patience. After endless years of meaningless sports in Toronto whether it be the leafs, jays, raptors, TFC, Argos and any other sports teams that are associated with the city I call home. A little about myself now, well, I am a young sports junkie currently taking marketing at Humber College and hope to be involved in sports marketing one day. TSN shows up on my t.v as soon as I turn it on. Just like the movies. It's sports 24/7 for me. Now enough about me lets talk about why we are really on this site... the leafs!

After their 6th season of missing the playoffs the leafs are in a situation where everybody is confused. Some like to call it rebuilding mode while others call it the complete joke mode. The second one is the best way to describe the 2011/12 Toronto Maple Leafs season. After an impressive start to the season the wheels fell off. With the injury bug hitting the team as well as many players under performing (Dont want to call out any names), the Leafs just could not figure out what happened. With surprise teams like the sens and and devils making an impact on the post season, why is it that the Leafs cant even come close or dream of playing in mid April?!

With this being my first post on TML Blue Blood I am hesitant right now as to what I am going to write about in the near future, but in leafs nation there is always something to talk about. I will eventually get around to specific topics like; rookies, captains, management, coaching, etc. Remember to repost and comment on each post as I will try to have one post per week. Even in the off season the leafs and the NHL always have something to talk about. The draft and free agency are key dates so stay tuned.

-Daniel Testa



No comments:

Post a Comment